From: Baldwin <ibaldwinjr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:28:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am a newbie of sql loader. Everything seems to be fine until I hit a block road - the CLOB column type. I want to load data into the clob column using a stored function. I need to do some manipulation on the data before it gets saved to that column. But I got this error when I run the sql loader.

SQL*Loader-309: No SQL string allowed as part of "DATA" field specification

DATA is my CLOB type column.

Almost all the references are suggesting to use a file to load data on CLOB column but what I want to use a function in which it generates the content to be saved into the column.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Baldwin
MISICompany Received on Fri Nov 30 2007 - 21:28:15 CET

Original text of this message