Re: is anyone trying to run SPARQL over Oracle + other data sources & web services?

From: Lee <leeh_at_panix.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:37:50 -0500

igoldsmid wrote:
> Hi
>
> We would be interested in starting a discussion with anyone building
> or evaluating Semantic Web technologies - building a semantic layer
> "over" Oracle and other corporate data sources & web services - using
> SPARQL/RDF/OWL etc..
>
> Ian Goldsmid
> www.SemanticDiscoverySystems.com
We've been looking into RDF, "Triples", and the whole notion of setting up a triple store.

One interesting question is to compare and contrast setting up a triple store entirely in Oracle, either by using the facilities provided under Oracle RDF support (part of oracle Spacial) or by implementing a triple store as a relational table (or tables) "from scratch". VS some other "third party" specialized triple store such as the "Kowari" triple store.

I seem to remember coming accross an internet posting by someone who had   tested a specialized triple store and found it scaling well up tp "a million" triples.

That's very nice but a MegaTriple doesnt strike me as a whole lot.

Is a megatriple pushing the limits of commercial triple stores?

Surely an Oracle table holding references to triples (reference to subject, reference to predicate, reference to object, plus a table to hold the strings nameing the things referenced and of course their reference IDs) could do better?

If we're talking about 10s and 100's or even 1000's of MegaTriples, are we going into cloud cuckoo land? Received on Mon Nov 26 2007 - 18:37:50 CET

Original text of this message