Re: 11g - ORA 12154 error after installation of ODAC1110610beta

From: <>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 01:32:06 -0800 (PST)

[Quoted] [Quoted] On 25 nov, 17:06, wrote:
> OS: Win XP SP2
> Oracle 11g installed.
> 1. Database was successfully created and was accessible from SQLPlus,
> Database Control (Web interface) and TOAD 9.5
> 2. Installed ODAC beta and..
> 3. Receive "ORA 12154: TNS could not resolve the connect identifier
> specified" error always trying to connect trough TOAD or from my
> own .NET applications, but...
> 4. Full functional access still works from SQLPlus and from Database
> Control Web interface.
> I have read all posts related with ORA 12154 but most of them are very
> old and do not help. tnsnames and listener settings are ok -
> everything worked fine until the last ODAC was installed.
> Any ideas of how to resolve the problem are very appreciated.
> -Roman

Your path setting probably list the ODAC installation directory first now - and in that directory, the correct tnsnames.ora cannot be found.
Either copy your *.ora files from your database_home\network\admin directory to the ODAC\network\admin directory, or introduce the tns_admin environment variable (via a "SET" command, or via the registry), and make it point to the correct (database home!) network\admin directory.

That should do the trick. Received on Mon Nov 26 2007 - 10:32:06 CET

Original text of this message