Re: Oracle 10g Graphics question

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:58:00 -0800

Agnes wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope I am not sending this to the wrong group, but I need some help
> solving a problem.
>
> I'm supposed to create a graph which combines two sets of data, and I
> can't figure out how to do it, or if it's at all possible.
>
> The graph has to show actual time intervals for specific transaccions,
> as bars (different series possible for every transaccion), as well as
> overlap those bars with a line indicating the desired time intervall
> for the respective transaccion.
>
> A simple bar/line combination graph is eassy to make, but in this case
> there's under-elements in the real time-intervals, and no such for the
> desired time-intervalls, and whatever I try, the resulting graph is -
> to say it mildly - a mess.
>
> I'd be gratefull for any help solving this.
>
> Regards
> Agnes

Oracle 10g is a database not a report writing tool. What front-end product do you intend to use to create the graph? Might I suggest Oracle Discoverer, the Hyperion line of products, Oracle Reports, Business Objects and Crystal Reports, etc.?

Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
University of Washington
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
www.psoug.org