Re: Receiving email into pl/sql (follow up)

From: shakespeare <>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 20:49:14 +0100

"DA Morgan" <> schreef in bericht

[Quoted] >>>> DA Morgan wrote:
> [...]

[Quoted] >>>> Or am I living in a fools paradise?

[Quoted] >>>> the trick is to get the data from the mail server to the oracle box.

>>> Back in the nineties, Oracle used to have a product called Oracle Mail,
>>> which was able to receive email (and yes: in the database). It became
>>> part of Oracle Interoffice (which died some years later).  Don't know if
>>> it's still around as a product, but it is stil there as a part of Oracle
>>> Collaboration Suite (able to receive mail in the database). I had a
>>> customer who installed Coll. Suite for this purpose solely: they wanted
>>> to be able to start processes based on email.
>>> Installing OCS is quite a fuss, keeping it running even more, but it may
>>> be worth a try. You'll have to pay for it, though.
>>> Oracle Interconnect had an SMTP adapter (but that was in 2001). We never
>>> got it working, iirc it could not handle attachments.Could be part of
>>> BPEL now (does someone know?).
>>> Shakespeare
>> Checked it out: there still an SMTP adapter in Oracle Application Server
>> Integration InterConnect. But it can only handle IMAP4, no POP3.
>> I think that was our problem back then......
>> Shakespeare
> Get a Collab Suite license. That's another solution.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group

Yes, like I already pointed out... Quite a lot of overhead for just receiving mail, but what the ... ,right?

Shakespeare Received on Thu Nov 08 2007 - 20:49:14 CET

Original text of this message