Re: Error editing a grid based on a View

From: Shakespeare <>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:31:00 +0100

"Frank van Bortel" <> schreef in bericht news:fgnp8a$ga6$
> Shakespeare wrote:
>> But it's a loooong time ago, back in '96 or so....
>> _at_Frank: in Forms single table views can be updated, as long as one
>> provides
>> a 'fake' primary key (being the prim key of the table).
> OK - thanks for the update - must be a new feature since I last
> used it.
> Nevertheless - it's a view, ultimately coming from SS - I doubt
> if that's ever going to work. My 2c are on procedures - TSQL
> can probably do it.
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

Guess you're right about SqlSurfer. For an update over HS or Transparant Gateways, a view may not work. A synonym for the table on the other side might, but I don't think Forms will recognize it. Procedures will be the right choice.

Shakepeare. Received on Mon Nov 05 2007 - 21:31:00 CET

Original text of this message