Error editing a grid based on a View

From: nick048 <nicosia.gaetano_at_moonsoft.it>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 23:56:33 -0700

[Quoted] Hi to All,

[Quoted] First, I use Oracle DB 10g and Forms Builder 10.

This is my "scenario":

  1. I have create a Form with an header with the Text Items CURRENT_YEAR, FROM_DATE, TO_DATE and a Button Item "Execute", and with a Grid.
  2. The button populate according with selections the grid with data from an Oracle view that point to a remote non-oracle DB (SQL Server). For the connection I have used Oracle heterogeneous services.
  3. All work fine; the grid is correctly filled.

The problem is the editing of grid; if I try to modify a field in a row of grid, this error is displayed:

FRM-40501: ORACLE error: unable to reserve record for update or delete

I have searched on the web, without appreciable result.

I need to edit the row, because I want create with each modified row a new record in a different table of my Oracle DB.

Can someone help me ?

Best Regards.
Gaetano Received on Fri Nov 02 2007 - 07:56:33 CET

Original text of this message