Tomcat on Localhost JSP Failure

From: BikRboy <dpiguy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:10:58 -0000

Greetings!

 My shop recently upgraded to a new box for our Oracle 10g instance.

Since the move, my localhost (WindowsXP Pro) running Tomcat 5.5.17 that came with NetBeans 5.5.1 no longer works with JSP's that need to connect to Oracle. Other JSP's w/o the need to connect to Oracle run just fine.

Thankfully, the JSP's work just fine on HP UNIX.

Begin: Tomcat Error Message:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /gtc_ord.jsp:43

40:    ResultSetMetaData rsmd;
41:
42:       try {
43:              Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
44:              conn = DriverManager.getConnection(dbConn, "ops
$daemon", "ops$daemon");
45:
46: S = conn.createStatement();

End: Tomcat Error Message.

 Some things that I have checked:

  1. Classpath has not changed.
  2. Added ORAI18N.JAR to my WEB-IN/lib/ path
  3. TNSPING'd the listener from my DOS command line.
  4. TOAD works fine and I can browse all the tables I want.
  5. The NetBeans SQL Editor also connects to Oracle and I can run SQL queries as well.

 This used to work on my same localhost before we moved Oracle to a new box.

 Does anyone have any ideas? Received on Tue Oct 23 2007 - 21:10:58 CEST

Original text of this message