help with Forms implementation issue

From: carolm <carol_marra_at_msn.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:18:54 -0700

[Quoted] The requirements for a new Forms app I'm working on are as follows:
  1. user interface for querying should display one row of data (for entering in specs) along with lookups for foreign key values
  2. user interface for editing data should display multiple rows of data but not the foreign key lookups (only the data that's actually in the table)

This is of course simplified from the real requirements, but the gist is that I need 2 separate displays, where the first allows query entry,
and when that query is executed, the view switches to the second display for the results.

I know (or am pretty sure, at least) that I need separate blocks and canvases to accomplish this, but I'm having no luck getting the results to display in the 2nd block/canvas. Another thought
(not yet attempted) is to set up the blocks as master (query)/detail
(results),

allowing masterless operations.

I know this isn't a trivial issue, but if anyone has pointers/ suggestions,
that would be great. I can get into more specifics about what I've tried,
and the results, but that seems overkill at this point.

Thanks,
Carol Received on Tue Oct 23 2007 - 16:18:54 CEST

Original text of this message