Re: Package debugging

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 19:24:33 +0200

VDK wrote:
> Although there are a lot of postings regarding debugging, I couldn't
> find information about the best way to debug a package. I tried the
> debugger that comes with SQL Developer, but I think this tool is only
> capable of debugging procedures that are not part of a package.
> Any ideas about the best approach to debug a package?
> FYI: I work with Oracle 8.1.7
>
> Thanks.
>
> Peter

As a package is what it says it is: a wrapper, what is possibly to debug about a package?!?
Right - nothing.

Only the procedures and functions contained in that gift wrap paper Oracle calls a package ought to be debugged.

SQL Developer has a very nice debugger, although I like the one with PL/SQL Developer (by Allroundautomation) best. TOAD would be a good third, and I have no need for more.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...