Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:52:28 +0200

"pamela fluente" <pamelafluente_at_libero.it> schreef in bericht news:1191271340.756370.190600_at_22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com...

[Quoted] > On 1 Ott, 21:14, "Shakespeare" <what..._at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

>> "tommaso.gasta..._at_uniroma1.it" <Tommaso.Gasta..._at_gmail.com> schreef in
>> berichtnews:1191235410.357187.70440_at_k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

>> > What prices?
>> > Anyone can use the FREE (Universal) version:
>>
>> >http://www.datatime.eu/download.aspx
>>
>> > (No limitations whatsoever)
>> > Before talking one should try and evaluate.
>>
>> > -P
>>
>> Free is only for personal and non-commercial use...
>>
>> Shakespeare- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>>
>> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -
>
> You are right Shakespeare
>
> I'd like a version of Oracle free for personal and non-commercial
> use  ;-))
>
> Seriously, how could one trust a software company knowing that they
> have got
> absolutely no revenue channel ? Don't you agree ?
>
> I am not one who believes much in free programs or open source purity.
> Certainly there are whorty persons who genuinely
> believe in such ideals and provide a good service to the humanity,
> even in ethical terms, but, especially in my country, when
> one talks about open source it's because they not have got a reliable
> product and it's relatively easier to sell services here,
> instead of products. Also because often there are budget constraints
> on the latter.
>
> Do not know if in the USA there is a similar feeling (?). I hope not.
>
> -P

Pam,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was not suggesting the tool should be free, but during a compare of tools price is an issue, and Datatime Workbenchis expensive compared to other query building tools (depending on the number of users of course). But it's more than just a query building tool, where the OP asked for a Query Building tool. So I'm not suggesting it's not worth the money (haven't tested it) but it could be a bit of overkill for someone just interested in QB tools.

And yes, Oracle has free products for personal, non commercial use (in fact they all are free for this purpose, and downloadable from OTN).

Shakespeare Received on Tue Oct 02 2007 - 11:52:28 CEST

Original text of this message