Oracle 10g Reports to Translation Hub
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:23:41 -0700
I just figured out how to do this, as we're running a multilingual application, and it's been recently discovered that a contract was signed, implying that we can provide french reports - before they asked us!!
Flip side is, that this is all with Oracle 10g install. On the plus side, it's actually pretty easy:
- Open Reports Builder.
- Go To: Tools/File Conversion
- Convert reports desired to ".rex"
- Load .rex reports into Translation Hub
- Run through Translation Hub
- Convert files *back* to ".rdf"
- Open reports in Reports Builder
- Add line of Code, in AfterPForm or BeforeReport triggers:
- "SRW.DO_SQL('alter session set NLS_LANGUAGE = ''FRENCH''');"
- of course, replace ''FRENCH'' with whatever language you're using.
- the quotes are ALL single quotes.
- Recompile and save reports.
- Upload to where you'll use them!
These instructions have been written assuming that the application has a base language, and a secondary language, and that there are actually two different copies of each form on the application. You would store the french reports with the french application. Or whatever the language is.
Hope this helps someone!! Received on Fri Sep 21 2007 - 20:23:41 CEST