Re: suggestions for good graphical DB query builder

From: Shakespeare <>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 11:25:46 +0200

<> schreef in bericht
> We're doing a product comparison for graphical query builders. Would
> appreciate
> your input on what you like (or don't).
> We're an Oracle shop, but we need connectivity w/ any ODBC compliant
> DB.
> Also need query result export options (esp Excel), pivot capability,
> printable results,
> Windows compliant.
> We don't need write capability, and if the tool has it, we need
> to be able to turn it off. DB Admin tools not needed.
> I've heard great things about AQT (Advanced Query Tool)... comments?
> Thanks,
> Carol

In spite of its name, AQT is a lot more than a query tool, it has more DB admin functionality which will mean two things: 1) Users may be able to do more damage than you would like 2) The Query tool may be not as advanced as you would like it to be....

Taking a look at the promo's, it looks like the query builder functionality is not more than offered in a lot of other tools, like Toad etc (being an Oracle specific tool though and a lot more expensive) .

Another tool you might take a look at is dbextra (; twice the price but dedicated on query and reporting. Or just google for "query tools"

Shakespeare Received on Fri Sep 21 2007 - 11:25:46 CEST

Original text of this message