Re: Using Flattened table COSTLIER than using JOINS with the SETUP tables.

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:10:01 +0200

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 06:08:37 -0700, Aravindh <knaravindh81_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your quick reply. Can you tell us how to see whether the
>JP_HISTORY_TBL is present in a single block or not ? Is there a
>command which can be executed in TOAD or SQL PLUS ? If you could tell
>us the command we would execute it and find out whether the table is
>in a SINGLE Block or not.
>
>Your quick reply will be appreciated. Thanks

[Quoted] The table will not be in a single block. *records* should be in a single block.
You would need to use
analyze table .... compute statistics or better exec
dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(user,'<table_name>',estimate_percent=>NULL)

doing so you will can query
select avg_row_len,chain_cnt, num_rows,
[Quoted]  from user_tables where table_name = '<table_name>'

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA