Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: Charles T. Smith <cts.private_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:56:45 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:45:54 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Charles T. Smith wrote:
>

>> As far as my suggestion at one point that there might be a bug in the
>> Oracle procedure - I think it was clear that I thought that unlikely.
>> But to suggest that it is *ridiculous* brings images of exploding space
>> shuttles to mind.

> Clearly ~40% of the RDBMS market has managed to install Oracle and not
> have the problem you are having. It is not a bug when you don' follow the
> published docs and, instead, kludge something together on your own from
> four separate sets of instructions. Well at least it isn't a bug in
> Oracle.

That is a statement! I don't think you are right. I'm sure that 99.9999999% of the RDBMS market has managed to install Oracle and not have the problem I'm having.

Or rather, if 60% of the market is having my problem, then hopefully somebody who's gone down the same path can tell me about his experiences.

I doubt there's any bug anywhere except perhaps the fact that Oracle has put up multiple, current installation instructions. But hey, I'm not complaining - there is documentation, after all! I'm just trying to get some shared experiences.

> You've now spent more time posting on this than it would have taken to
> do it properly: Far more.

I'm an independent software development. This is what I do for social interaction.