Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 08:45:54 -0700

[Quoted] Charles T. Smith wrote:

> As far as my suggestion at one point that there might be a bug in the
> Oracle procedure - I think it was clear that I thought that unlikely. But
> to suggest that it is *ridiculous* brings images of exploding space
> shuttles to mind.

[Quoted] Clearly ~40% of the RDBMS market has managed to install Oracle and not have the problem you are having. It is not a bug when you don' follow the published docs and, instead, kludge something together on your own from four separate sets of instructions. Well at least it isn't a bug in Oracle.

[Quoted] You've now spent more time posting on this than it would have taken to do it properly: Far more.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington