Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 04:14:08 -0700

On Jun 4, 11:36 am, "Charles T. Smith" <cts.priv..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 21:00:26 +0200, Frank van Bortel wrote:

Most likely you just either didn't read the installation instructions at all and/or didn't follow them up to the letter. Normal server installations don't need an extra client. PERIOD [Quoted] On normal server installations anyone can connect to Oracle, provided

a) the setuid bit of several executables has been set
b) $ORACLE_HOME/bin is in your $PATH
c) you have access to a tnsnames.ora

Assuming this is a bug is just.. ahem.. plain ridiculous.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Fact: 99.9 percent of all questions on any Oracle forum have already
been asked and answered over and over again. This is because most
posters think they are the first to run into a problem and
consequently don't search Google.
They are wrong: they are not unique, they are with *too many*