Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: Charles T. Smith <cts.private_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:35:10 +0200

[Quoted] On Thu, 31 May 2007 10:18:33 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> Charles T. Smith wrote:

>> I have installed oracle 10g on solaris 10. In order to get started, I
>> want to run sqlplus. That's in
>> /export/home/oracle/product/10.2.0/Db_1/bin - but it turns out that all
>> of product, 10.2.0, Db_1 have permissions disabled for users (e.g.
>> drwxrwx---, with group oinstall).
>>
>> Did I not finish the installation properly? Or am I supposed to enable
>> the permissions manually? Does anybody know how to use sqlplus?
>
> No one knows ho to use sqlplus. <g>
>
> My guess is that you didn't read and follow the installation docs.
> http://docs.oracle.com

[Quoted] Hmmm. I'm not sure what that serves. There's no mention of sqlplus on that page.

Presumably there's some other way to invoke the command line sqlplus than simply from one's path - that's what this posting seems to want to taunt with. Or, maybe the poster didn't really read the OP and is just gushing forth. Received on Thu May 31 2007 - 19:35:10 CEST

Original text of this message