Re: Oracle 9i Reports and CVS

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 30 May 2007 18:09:24 -0800

RandyG271 (randyg271_at_yahoo.com) wrote:
: Malcolm, Fred,

: Thanks for the reply. I saw the File - Save As - jsp option, however
: when I tried to read back the results Oracle Reports stop with a debug
: report dialog (not sure why).

I commonly edit the JSPs using a text editor, and I sometimes use RCS to save revisions. I have altered the line ending from CRLF to LF with no problem, and even messed up the structure slightly without major problems when re-opening the JSP file in report builder.

CVS is similar enough to RCS, so I wouldn't see any big reason it wouldn't work.

Perhaps keyword replacement is happening. E.g. if the file contained something like $Date then that might be altered, which might mess something up.

Even though I have altered the line endings without problems, I would normally check that they were not being altered.

If there is some kind of binary/text differentiation in your interface with CVS then perhaps that has to be set correctly.

I must admit I normally save using RDF, not JSP. I use JSP for just some tasks, like merging two reports, or checking differences, so perhaps it's more flakey than I realize.

$0.10 Received on Thu May 31 2007 - 04:09:24 CEST

Original text of this message