Re: Reports 10g and packages

From: Tony_Miller <NoWayToday_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 17:52:49 -0500

"sybrandb" <sybrandb_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1177667563.095503.82970_at_n35g2000prd.googlegroups.com... On Apr 26, 4:54 am, "Tony_Miller" <NoWayTo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am in the midst of converting a few reports from Crystal Reports to
> Oracle
> 10g reports. I have built a package to hold my code in the first report
> and
> the calling functions to get a ref cursor returned and such. However,
> when
> I try to move the code (package definition and body) into the database I
> am
> running against, reports seems to not know where the package I am calling
> is..
>
> I have read the online docs and such and do not see anywhere that it is
> posted that you can't move the package code and type definition of the ref
> cursor out of the report.
>
> Any help here?
>
> Oracle 10g Reports running on a Windows XP desktop machine. Attaching to
> an
> Oracle 10g database on a AIX box.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Tony Miller
> UTMB/EHN
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
> It has removed 83 spam emails to date.
> Try SPAMfighter for free now!

'Seems not to know' is too vague and calls for crystal balls. Obviously, those have worn out over the years.

--
[Quoted] Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

Sorry Sybrand, I was too vague there.  What I found is I needed to attach
the package code to the report and then build a small sql function to call a
function in the package to return the required data via a ref cursor (not my
desire, specs given by another)...

Thanks!