Re: customer support identifier

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 8 May 2007 23:57:01 -0800

kalai (kalaivanan.r.2007_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Hi,
: I try to register in Oracle metalink and it asks me for customer
: support identifier. May I know what is customer support identifier
: and
: how can i get that.

Basically, you can buy a support contract from oracle. Then they give you a password to access the metalink web site. The "customer support identifier" is just another name for the password.

I have never bought support from Oracle, but some places I work do, I have no idea how you buy the support, or exactly how they allocate access to the metalink web site.

Oracle has another support web site called OTN, as in otn.oracle.com, which is free. You can get a username/password for that for free.

$0.10 Malcolm Received on Wed May 09 2007 - 09:57:01 CEST

Original text of this message