Re: Oracle Reports PDF generation - how to embed fonts?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:20:22 +0200

Clive Backham schreef:
> Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get Oracle Reports 6i to embed
> the fonts when it generates a PDF file? I've checked in the Reference
> Manual (Oracle Document A73174-01), but can't find anything about this
> subject.
>
> Host system is Windows 2000. I'm using version 6i because I need to
> run Reports as a simple command line program, using RWRUN60.EXE -
> switching to a later version isn't an option.

iirc, there's something on that on the Oracle BI integration server, or whatever it is called.
[Quoted] Look at the Application Express forum, search for 'FOP' (the PDF generator from the Apache project), and find the 'How to generate PDF from APEX' page.
The BI product is mentioned, and there is something n embedding fonts. Again: no warranty: iirc!

I realize this (10.1.3.2) version is way ahead from what you use, but sometimes, stuff just needs time to get documented.

Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel