Creating and calling stored procedure

From: (wrong string) ørn Andersen <obande_at_online.no>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 14:07:10 +0200

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am very new to Oracle and have a simple question, which I can't easy find an answer to in the documentation.

I want to write a simple stored procedure in PL/SQL with one input parameter, and which returns 1 result set. That should be very simple, but I can't find any examples for this simple task in the documentation. Maybe
I haven't looked in the right places :-) Is there anyone who could help me with an example?

And I also want to call this procedure from SQL*Plus, like this: call (or execute) schema.proc (param=1) and get something like this in return:

Id    Name     Address
1    AA          Street 1, 12345 Town
2    BB           Street 5, 12345 Town

Is that possible? And what is the syntax? And what if there are out parameters, how do I specify them in the call (execute) statement?

Regards
Odd B Andersen Received on Wed Apr 25 2007 - 14:07:10 CEST

Original text of this message