Re: Connecting to database through Oracle Enterprise Manager

From: <ewconrad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Apr 2007 14:17:10 -0700

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On 9 Apr 2007 13:31:06 -0700, ewconrad_at_gmail.com wrote:
>
> >Yes, that is where it is located. The app is looking for it there,
> >and the tnsnames.ora file is located there.
>
> But it is incorrect, otherwise there wouldn't have been an error.
> If you edited it, back it up, and create a new one using netca or
> netmgr.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

If I could attach the screenshot, I would.

I've spoken with our DBA (who has been out of town until now) and she states that she had not installed EM on the server, which would explain why I couldn't use EM to launch a standalone, and since I don't know the credentials to the management server... I'll wait until tomorrow, since the day is almost shot anyway.

Thanks for the help guys! Received on Mon Apr 09 2007 - 23:17:10 CEST

Original text of this message