Re: import java on cli

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 07:46:16 -0700

On 21 mrt, 15:06, Thomas Peter <braindum..._at_expires-31-03-2007.newsgroup. org> wrote:
> frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> > Not exactly sure of the problem you have,
> > but you can do this from a SQL session:
> > create or replace and compile java source named "your_code" as
> > import ....;
> > public class {...
> > }
>
> yes, i did this using a gui. worked fine. i call it using a function,
> works fine as well.
>
> but how do i deploy this code to another db-instance via script.
> i can't do a _at_scriptname in sqlplus (i receive an error about invalid
> characters)
> an when i use loadjava i have to compile the code before i load it,
> which i don't want neither.
>
> so is there a way to get the java-(source)code from a commandline
> (without a gui) in the database.
> (calling the code is no prob, since i can call functions or procedures
> that call the java from sqlplus)
>
> thnx,
> thomas

[Quoted] Your GUI tool must use some special characters - it should run from a command line (aka script) as well - I do it that way. Maybe a simple (notepad?) tool will show the offending characters?

Post the command, and the exact error from the sqlplus session. Received on Wed Mar 21 2007 - 15:46:16 CET

Original text of this message