Re: About pll and olb

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 09:13:25 -0700

nick048 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created some forms that have equal elements, for example Visual
> attributes, windows, canvas, blocks etc.
>
> Is it possible to create libraries of this object, in order to reuse
> in other forms ?
>
> If yes, can You suggest to me tutorials, documents or another source
> to learn about this problem ?
>
> Thank You and best Regards
> Gaetano

I don't know about possible given you didn't include version information ... but it would be a bad idea on multiple levels.

Oracle Forms is object oriented and is expected to be used in that manner. First visual attributes, then create property classes, then inherit those property classes, morphing properties as needed, to create other property classes. When you have what you require then save that form as a template.

You can then reference that form when creating the application's user interface.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington