OLE objects between Oracle Forms and MS Access

From: <hamelph_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2007 06:47:44 -0800

Here's the situation:

2 applications, one developped with Oracle Forms 6i and one with MS Access 2000, both using/sharing the same Oracle DB.

I need to include OLE objects (it can be ANY type of files).

The problem is:

I can include and save an OLE object from the Forms app but when I look at the table from the Access app I see that there's a new entry in the table, but I can't see/open the OLE object. There's no problem reading the other columns. And the reverse happens. I can make a new entry with Access including an OLE object but when I look at the table with the Forms app, I see a new entry, I see the data in the other columns, but not the OLE object.

We've tried with the Microsoft ODBC driver (nothing worked) and with the Oracle ODBC driver.

Thank you!! Received on Thu Feb 22 2007 - 15:47:44 CET

Original text of this message