Re: Loading words and SQL*Loader

From: SQLJ <sqljunky_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Jan 2007 08:43:34 -0800

[Quoted] Thank you everybody for your suggestions.

Line1, line2, line3, ... are actually sequential numbers 1, 2, 3 and so on.

I don't think it will make much of a difference if I use utl_file package instead of SQL*Loader to read lines as I still need to parse every line and have to run a separate INSERT for every number. When the file is large (30000 to 50000 lines), the entire processing takes a while, and CPU intensive. I hoped that SQL*Loader can somehow do it more efficiently so I can avoid line parsing in PL/SQL and running lots of INSERTs. If there is no other way. I guess I need to look ways to optimize inserts, maybe drop indexes on the target table and recreate them after the load or use nologging options.

Jil