From: SQLJ <sqljunky_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2007 23:04:08 -0800

Hi,

[Quoted] I have a text file which is like

Line1 Number1 Number2 Number3
Line2 Number4
[Quoted] Line3 Number5, Number6

There could be any number of lines in the file and each line can have variable number of numbers. Numbers are single space separated. The maximum possible number of numbers in a single line is probably less then 100 but this is not known for sure

Is there a way to use Sql*Loader to load each number as a separate value into a table havinhg structure like CREATE TABLE mytab (id int, some_number number)?

The method I am using right now is loading the file lines into a staging table and then looping through all records and parsing them. With large data files this methods appears to be very slow and the parsing is CPU intensive. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks,
Jil Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 08:04:08 CET

Original text of this message