Oracle 10G XE WindowsXP and Zonealarm Pro

From: Robert A. Reissaus <oracle10G_at_risdi.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:32:50 +0100

Hi guys.
[Quoted] [Quoted] I have installed a oracle10 Express Edition on my Windowsxp. On the [Quoted] system I am running ZoneAlarm Pro with rather obvious adjusted privacy settings as follows:
3rd party cookies are blocked.
private header information is disabled.
popup/under ads are blocked
animations are blocked
script execution is blocked ( vbscript etc).

As a result I can NOT logon to the database using SYSTEM ( or any other user for that matter).

The ONLY i can log in is to remove ANY initial blockage in my firewall. This is of course totally unacceptable. Now I have tried to tweak the firewall settings in such a way that ports used by oracle are allowed, but that doesn't work. It *looks* like oracle circumvents the firewall entirely.

Anybody any idea?
Robert A. Reissaus Received on Mon Jan 08 2007 - 18:32:50 CET

Original text of this message