Re: Upgrading Oracle Forms and Reports

From: K. Nielsen <nahdsl232734_at_nahvip.cybercity.dk>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 17:22:43 +0100

[Quoted] "J.R. Giardine" <giardin_at_mcmaster.ca> wrote in message news:4587FBB1.AA956BFA_at_mcmaster.ca...
> Hello:
>
> I need some advice on upgrading Oracle forms and reports. We are back
> in the stone age, running Forms 5.0 and Report Builder 3.0 with Oracle
> 8i. We are finally going to upgrade to 10g. Is is possible to migrate
> our forms and reports without rewriting them? If anyone has been
> through this, please drop me a line.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joe
>

> --
> Joe Giardine
> Programmer/Analyst
> University Technology Services
> McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
> (905) 525-9140 ext. 27659

Been through it.
Here's a starting point: (on windows platform)

for %%f in (*.fmb) do start /w d:\your DS\bin\ifcmp90.exe module=%%f userid=user/pass_at_base1 compile_all=yes Logon=YES Batch=YES build=Yes upgrade=yes Window_state=Minimize

You may also want to have a look at the WebUtil Package from Oracle.

Seasons Greetings everyone ! Received on Sun Dec 24 2006 - 17:22:43 CET

Original text of this message