Re: Upgrading Oracle Forms and Reports

From: Cris <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:44:57 +0100

[Quoted] J.R. Giardine wrote:

> I need some advice on upgrading Oracle forms and reports. We are back
> in the stone age, running Forms 5.0 and Report Builder 3.0 with Oracle
> 8i. We are finally going to upgrade to 10g. Is is possible to migrate
> our forms and reports without rewriting them? If anyone has been
> through this, please drop me a line.

[Quoted] I don't know if this could be of some help, but in Forms 9i (9.0.2) for linux I noticed that the tool for compiling forms (f90genm) allows you to convert old forms to current version, appartently even 3.0 forms.

Perhaps this tool is still there in Forms 10g.

HTH. Kind regards,

--
spamto:cris119_at_operamail.com

blind faith in your leaders or