Re: Upgrading Oracle Forms and Reports

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 07:47:45 +0100

J.R. Giardine schreef:
> Hello:
>
> I need some advice on upgrading Oracle forms and reports. We are back
> in the stone age, running Forms 5.0 and Report Builder 3.0 with Oracle
> 8i. We are finally going to upgrade to 10g. Is is possible to migrate
> our forms and reports without rewriting them? If anyone has been
> through this, please drop me a line.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Joe

A recompile (which can be done in batch mode) should do the trick, as long as there is no client/Server to webbased forms/reports move involved.
If there is, you'll probably need to rewrite, as there will be port specific stuff in your forms.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...