Web-based Oracle browsing tool available

From: John K. Hinsdale <hin_at_alma.com>
Date: 20 Dec 2006 18:15:20 -0800

I've just posted to SourceForge a Web-based tool I've developed and have been using for a few years to browse data in tables and views on Oracle servers. I'm calling it Oracle Table Browser (OTB):

        http://otb.sourceforge.net

OTB is very rich in functionality, including:

The interface is entirely Web-based, so that once installed, its functions are available to all users on your network who have a Web browser, i. e., all users on your network. ;) OTB works with your Web server's existing authentication mechanism to map user permissions to database objects.

I am interested in having interested users download and attempt to build this first beta release. I can provide assistance to the early adopters and would appreciate any feedback on the installation instructions. This tool has proved very popular in the place I've deployed in industry so far in the past couple years, and I'm please to make it available to everyone via the GNU General Public License (GPL) going forward.

Cheers,

        John Hinsdale

---
John Hinsdale, Alma Mater Software, Inc., Princeton Junction, NJ, USA
hin@alma.com | http://www.alma.com/staff/hin | +1 609 716 6308