Re: Oracle Report : Parent only if Child exists

From: What's in a namespace <xml_at_ns.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 12:33:01 +0100

"Gerard H. Pille" <ghp_at_skynet.be> schreef in bericht news:4583064e$0$21494$ba620e4c_at_news.skynet.be...
> Abu Hamza wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm new to Oracle Reports. I work as a Software Engineer. Currently
>> i've been given assignment to develop a report using Oracle Report
>> Builder 10g. It is a Master-Detail report. The parent query brings
>> Master records and child query (quite complex) brings the Details. The
>> report is showing all parent records even if child records do not
>> exist. I only want those parent record displayed which have child
>> records. What is the best way to achieve this through the Builder. Or
>> do I have to change the Parent query and add extra conditions ?
>>
>> any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> thx.
>>

> If checking if children exist, is complex, then I'd modify the report. But
> I haven't touched reports this century, although I'm quite sure that RTFM
> will help you out.

I'd create a view for the master, containing ONLY those records that have child records (may be a performance killer though) and base the report on this view.

Shakespeare
(what's in a master?) Received on Mon Dec 18 2006 - 12:33:01 CET

Original text of this message