Re: Need feedback regarding TOAD, SQL Developer, EzSQL, Bethnic's Golden and others ???

From: Fred Pierce <lists_at_avialantic.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:51:44 -0500

On 11 Dec 2006 12:53:52 -0800, "rogergorden..._at_gmail.com" <rogergorden_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>George Lewycky wrote:
>> I'm personally a TOAD user but my company is looking to standardize the
>> product we use for SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle utilities.
>>
>> If anyone has done this in the past I'd appreciate your notes, tips,
>> ideas or pointers to any websites for this (like a Grid comparision)
>>
>> I Google'd and found very little except for a few forums and documents
>> and just the products mentioned above.
>>

>> Thanks in Advance
>>
>> George Lewycky
>> NY City Transit
>> George.lewycky_at_nyct.com
>
>Tell them to "Suck it up and use vi and notepad, Nancy-boys!!!!"
>
>;)
>
>Toad has been pretty good for our company with a good mixture of
>features for developers and DBAs.
>
>Hth

Notepad? A GUI? It's Vi or die!

If I could only have one tool (not counting SQLPlus, which is the one tool, of course - PL/SQL Developer - http://allroundautomations.com/ would probably be my choice. Oracle's SQLDeveloper is nice but to my taste, a bit awkward and last I checked still a bit flaky. JDeveloper would probably be my choice for development if I did more Java and such. And of course, Enterprise Manager/Grid Control for admin.

Although standardization is nice, I've yet to find a tool that does everything to my satisfaction. Since the Oracle tools are free, and PLSQL developer is very low-cost, I use 'em all.

fdp

Fred Pierce - Avialantic.com Received on Tue Dec 12 2006 - 15:51:44 CET

Original text of this message