Re: Need feedback regarding TOAD, SQL Developer, EzSQL, Bethnic's Golden and others ???

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Dec 2006 02:54:48 -0800

[Quoted] On Dec 12, 8:45 am, Jim Smith <use..._at_ponder-stibbons.com> wrote:
> In message <1165871151.356306.110..._at_79g2000cws.googlegroups.com>,
> sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> writes
>

> >George Lewycky wrote:
> >> I'm personally a TOAD user but my company is looking to standardize the
> >> product we use for SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle utilities.
>
> >> If anyone has done this in the past I'd appreciate your notes, tips,
> >> ideas or pointers to any websites for this (like a Grid comparision)
>
> >> I Google'd and found very little except for a few forums and documents
> >> and just the products mentioned above.
>
> >> Thanks in Advance
>
> >> George Lewycky
> >> NY City Transit
> >> George.lewy..._at_nyct.com
>
> >Please do not solicit spam.Please do not make stupid comments.
>
> This newsgroup is for advice and discussion on oracle and related tools.
> That is exactly what this post is asking for.
>
> --
> Jim Smith
> Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/>
> RSS <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/atom.xml>- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Please do not make such comments without consulting the archives. In the post this has often resulted in people promotingh their 'own' tool, instead of comparing tools.
Those posts didn't provide any advice (except : use 'my' tool) nor discussion, and I consider them being spam. Quite often those comments were made by the authors of those tools.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA