Re: Pb Apache / PHP / Oci

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 19:59:38 +0000

On 5 Dec 2006 00:02:28 -0800, "foxbille" <billard.eric_at_free.fr> wrote:

>Oh, désolé for this too shorts explanations.
>
>oracle client 10g was installed on server beside 9i client.
>then, when activating oci8 php (5.2 version) extension (php_oci8) we
>get the same message -->
>
>[27-Nov-2006 14:28:10] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load
>dynamic library 'c:/wamp/php/ext/php_oci8.dll' - Le module spécifié
>est introuvable.
> in Unknown on line 0

 OK, so that's module not found. That can crop up with Oracle 10g because the file permissions that Oracle 10g sets on the Oracle home are more restrictive than Oracle 9i sets, and so you may need to grant additional file system privileges on the Oracle home directory to the system account that Apache runs as.

>In the same time, on my computer with only 9i Oracle client installed,
>I have installed Wamp server 1.6.1 with PHP 5.1.2
>In this configuration oci8 Php extension (php_oci8) can be successfully
>activated.
>
>Because the two versions of oracle client are installed and working on
>the server, I have no idea of how to verify if client Apache and PHP
>"talk" to 10g instead of 9i...

 If you have 9i and 10g installed at the same time you also have to be very careful about the setting of the PATH environment variable, and on Windows it's difficult (if not impossible) to alter the value for a service without rebooting (unless the service implements a method of reloading its environment, which AFAIK Apache's Windows service does not).

--
Andy Hassall :: andy_at_andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool