Re: TOAD for Oracle: Copy new columns from one schema to another?

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 07:01:54 -0800

Kevin Blount wrote:
> I have found the "compare schemas" feature (it's the "Compare with
> another object" feature, right?) and saw the differences, but could not
> see any way to generate the code you mentioned.
>
> Looking at the "File Difference" screen, I see all the differences
> (naturally) but I don't see any icons above for generating the code.
> COuld you tell me what to look for?
>
> I'm sure it might make the difference, but my company is running Toad
> for Oracle 8.5 - are there newer versions?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Kevin

Please don't top-post. Add your reply beneath the post you're replying to as this helps the readability of the thread.

Anyway, if you write scripts to apply your changes to your dev environment (instead of pointing and clicking), you can simply run the same scripts against the live (and, presumably, test) environments, as required.

This has the additional benefit of leaving you with the capability of (re)building the system from scratch. Received on Thu Nov 30 2006 - 16:01:54 CET

Original text of this message