Oracle 10 + Sun App Server 7: Unique Constraint Violation?!?

From: ndamianov <ndamianov_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2006 00:25:23 -0800

[Quoted] Hi All,

[Quoted] For about a week and a half I have been trying to solve a mysterious issue with unique constraint violations on our database server without any luck.

We basically have a simple table with a unique primary key (number) and a few string columns that aren't part of the key.

With J2EE on the Sun App Server 7, we always make sure we get the nextval from the table's sequence before inserting it into the table. I have checked this numerous times.

The Oracle DB doesn't have any triggers or other procedures accessing the table in any way.

>From time to time, we get a bunch of unique constraint key violations [Quoted]
in spaces of about 30 minutes after which its all good again...

Has anybody heard of this issue or know how to fix it?

Regards,

Nikk Received on Wed Nov 15 2006 - 09:25:23 CET

Original text of this message