Re: Forms Customization - Query_Find functionality

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 09:07:16 -0800

[Quoted] What's in a namespace wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> schreef in bericht

>> navikp_at_gmail.com wrote:
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I have customized a for in Oracle application and registered the for
>>> withing application.
>>>
>>> Now i want to enable QUERY_FIND functionality for this form.
>>>
>>> I am new to form customization. Can some one please help and tell me
>>> the steps for doing query_find in Forms.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Prashant Pathak
>> What version of Forms?
>> Define QUERY_FIND? Do you want to implement in a form trigger or as a
>> menu item? What do you want/expect QUERY_FIND to do?
>>
>> You might note that a check of the on-line help does not show this name.
>
> Query_Find is a common name used for qbe-functionality in Oracle Apps. If
> you look in the Oracle Applications Developer's Guide you'll find it there
> (chapter 8).
>
> Shakespeare

[Quoted] I have worked for years in Oracle Forms which is the subject of this thread. Only once, years ago, did I touch Oracle Apps. Asking about A when discussing B will not get the help you need.

[Quoted] If you want help you will likely need to reask the question providing enough information that those who might want to help you can.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington