OC4J and JDeveloper - integration and debugging

From: dshitzu <wgblackmon_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2006 13:50:27 -0800

Hi,
I'm running JDeveloper ver. 10.1.3 and OC4J ver.10.1.2 . I'm trying to debug the app server from inside JDeveloper. I've been told to start OC4J with the following start script:
java -ojvm -XXdebug,port4000,detached,quiet -Xmx512M -jar oc4j.jar

When I run the above script I get the following error: Unrecognized option: -ojvm.

I don't have Oracle installed on my computer - just JDeveloper and OC4J. Any idea why the 'o' is not being recognized as a parameter to the JVM?

Also, I'm unable to connect to this process from within JDeveloper's Remote Debug feature.

Is anyone out there using JDeveloper 10.1.3 against OC4J ver.10.1.2 and debugging/stepping through the App Server code inside JDeveloper? I'm also using Struts in the project. Is there a Struts plug-in for JDeveloper similar to the one in Eclipse that has a graphical representation of the Struts configuration file?

I'm using JDeveloper because we're an Oracle shop. I've used Eclipse before. If anyone has any comments or preferences regarding the merits of the new JDeveloper vs. the latest MyEclipse I'd love to hear them..

Thanks! Received on Tue Nov 07 2006 - 22:50:27 CET

Original text of this message