Re: Web Based Query Designer?

From: Jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:36:54 +0100

[Quoted] In article <Xns985BC45F38A94anacedenthotmailcom_at_70.169.32.36>, Ana C. Dent says...
> "goykhmanster" <goykhmanster_at_gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I am looking for something like QueryIT (dbtools.com) except completely
> > web based, where users can design select queries via web browser. If
> > anyone knows whether this kind of tools already exists, please post an
> > answer, it would be of great help...
> >

> 1) I am unclear what this post has to do with Oracle.
> 2) My gut reaction is that I would not want such a beast any where near a
> database I managed; for numerous security & performance concerns.
> 3) How would the end-(ab)users know the table/column layouts to make
> (intelligent/correct) SQL queries?

Think about it in the same terms as say Oracle Discoverer and it makes [Quoted] perfect sense - an administration edition and a user edition - the latter constrained by the EUL managed by the former.

--
jeremy
[Quoted] [this section left intentionally blank]