Re: Problem in connecting Sql server2000 from Oracle10g using oracle gateway (using Db links)

From: Robbert van der Hoorn <reply_at_forum.only>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 23:20:20 +0200

"Nick" <mitra.kausik_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1159908563.976040.148370_at_m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

> Thank you Robbert for your reply but i checked for case sensitivity
> Tried with double quotes as well
> create database link lnk1 connect to "sa" identified by "sa" using
> 'tg4msql';
> Regarding listener configuration as am using transparent gateways for
> sql server so the
>
> program=tg4msql should be there right instead of (program= hsodbc)
> Agent Executable

You're right, my mistake.

> Still the problem remains... I don't find the gateway instance service
> under services panel it should have been there right?

I'm not shure about that. You can check your listener with lsnrctl (lstnrctl> services)

> Awaiting your reply....

And here it is!

> Thanks
> Nick

Some suggestions (don't know if they will work:) - remove SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS) (Some vague memory tells me this should not be used with HS) by changing it to SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NONE)
- remove the .world from your tnsnames entry for tg4msql in both THSNAMES files and test
- if no help, put it back, put it in BOTH files and make a link to tg4msql.world, try again

- remove the sa- prefixes from your select statement
- try to do select * from dual_at_tg4msql
- remove the SERVER=DEDICATED from TNSNAMES at the server

If it still does not work, I'm out of options, except that you might want to switch to HS with ODBC.

Robbert Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 23:20:20 CEST

Original text of this message