Re: Installing Oracle Web Services Manager

From: Robbert van der Hoorn <reply_at_forum.only>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:49:27 +0200

"Robbert van der Hoorn" <reply_at_forum.only> schreef in bericht news:4522665d$0$4525$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Platform: Windows XP Professional and/or Windows 2000 Professional
> Database: Oracle 10g Enterprise Edition Rel. 2
>
> Tried to install Oracle Web Services Manager (after problems with SOA
> suite I decided to try the 'old' versions). Versions tried: 4.0.3, 4.0.2.
> Installed JDK, downloaded the zip.tar.gz file, unpacked it in a directory,
> set environment parameters and installed as prescribed. Installation fails
> with message 'Buildfile: build.xml does not exist!'
> which looks correct, for the file isn't there.....
>
> Since both versions give this message, I wonder if anyone succeded in
> installing OWSM ever and is willing to share his/here secrets...
>

> Robbert van der Hoorn
> OSA it BV
> The Netherlands

Finally found some errors in the installation routine: - classpath should be set to apache_ant\lib directory - sourcedir variable should not be put between quotes, so -Dinstall.src.dir=%bindir% and not -Dinstall.src.dir="%bindir%" - ODBC.INI must exist. In Windows 2000 it's not there by default. You'll have to create soume ODBC connection (dummy) first.  Seems this has never been tested on Windows. Received on Tue Oct 03 2006 - 18:49:27 CEST

Original text of this message