Re: Problem with starting database

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:21:12 -0700

Ravi wrote:
> Hi I have recently installed Oracle10g. But when I try to login to the
> system, I get a message that "Io exception: The Network Adapter could
> not establish the connection". Can any body suggest a remedy? I am not
> able to connect to the database. It is also saying the database is not
> mounted.
> Ravi

Given that none of us have crystal balls you will need to give us at least the following:

hardware
operating system
exact Oracle version and edition (to 4 decimal places) the real error message ... not your interpretation of it and what you do that generates it

--
Daniel Morgan
University of Washington