Want to verify the steps for the Standby Failover on Oracle 9i

From: mack <niamath.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2006 14:20:06 -0700

Below is the scenario I want to perform to test the Failover for our DR testing:
1. Run an RMAN hot backup of the Primary Database (165)

   Include the Standby Controlfile in the RMAN backup. 2. Transfer the Primary databae(165) RMAN backup to the Standby database server (164)

3. Shutdown the Primary database(165) to simulate a failover scenario
4. Activate the Standby database(164) as the new Primary database
5. Perform the testing of the New Primary database(164) (DR)
6. Stop the New Primary database(164) DR
7. Startup and Open the Original Primary database(165)
8. Build the Standby database(164) using the Primary database(165) RMAN
backup

   which you have transfer in the 2nd step.

Below is the procedure I am planing to do for Failover of the Primary database to the Standby Database. Let me know if this is correct or do I have to something else?????
  1. Log into Standby database server
  2. SQL> alter database recover managed standby database cancel;
  3. SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
  4. Failover Primary Database to the Standby Database: SQL>alter database activate standby database;
  5. SQL>Shutdown immediate
  6. SQL>Startup
    [Quoted] Second thing I would like to have actual steps to rebuild the Standby database after the test is completed. Currently the Primary and Standby databases are running. This would be just an test for the DR. I think I do not need to modify the parameter file, also I dont need to create a password file becase I could use the existing files. I would be using RMAN backup of the Primary database, what would I need to include in my RMAN backup script???? I would be running an separate Archive log backup also using RMAN. Need to perform this on thursday. Quick response would be appreciated. Thanks.