Oracle TOAD: Dislaying Ref Cursor in DataGrid?

From: Mario <mlanza_at_comcast.net>
Date: 18 Sep 2006 11:32:38 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've spent far too long trying to discover the answer to this very [Quoted] simple question. How do I use TOAD to display the result set from a stored procedure? In Microsoft SQL Server, this is effortless. You don't have to jump through any hoops or do anything funny! In TOAD for Oracle I've seen many people ask this question, but I haven't found a satisfactory answer. I even saw someone mention TOAD already having the built-in functionality to display ref cursors, but I can't seem to find the feature setting.

Why is something so simple as executing a stored procedure that returns a result set (and viewing that result set) so cryptic?!

How do you do it?

I have TOAD 8.6.1.0 for Oracle.

My stored proc follows this pattern:

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE sp_get_recs (

    i_parm1 IN NUMBER,
    o_rs OUT types.resultset -- defined in a common package as a "ref cursor"
)
AS

BEGIN OPEN o_rs FOR SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WHERE PARM1 = i_parm1;

END sp_get_recs;