Oracle Forms/Reports 9i

From: Ed_Zep <ed_zep_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: 15 Sep 2006 13:48:43 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] We're upgrading from Forms 6i to 9i and could do with some advice.

[Quoted] Our developers use Windows to develop but our direction is very much Red Hat Linux.

Is it feasible (in the real world, not Oracle's world) to:

  • Let them develop on their own Windows boxes
  • Get them to move the fmbs to a Linux test server and compile
  • Recompile in a Linux production environment

Obviously, my concern is that it'll work in testing only to find that are some "anomalies".

Thanks, Ed. Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 22:48:43 CEST

Original text of this message