Re: Sharing a Delphi TOracleConnection with Pro*C

From: <guhar1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Sep 2006 09:52:03 -0700

I found a posting from:

De : Kenneth C Stahl
Date : Ven 25 juin 1999 00:00
  1. Define an OCI LDA globally: Lda_Def lda;
  2. Make your connection to Oracle with Pro-C EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;
  3. Make the following call: sqllda(&lda)

Then just pass the lda to your API.

... and there is a property called TOracleSession.ExternalLDA, which , it says, would LogOn the DB once set. So it would be a matter of having my DLL export a function which returns the pointer to the "lda" which I would set and share in my Delphi application.

Any confirmation or sample code would be appreciated. Received on Tue Sep 05 2006 - 18:52:03 CEST

Original text of this message